March 10 at 11AM EST | 5PM CET
Don’t miss your chance to explore the Beauty of Software together with SIT Provost Bertrand Meyer. In his SIT Insights Talk, Prof. Meyer will present a few strikingly beautiful artifacts from software engineering and computer science and discuss what might make them so.
"While the concept of beauty is most naturally associated with art, scientists and engineers of all fields often invoke it. Beauty is a strong guiding principle in searching for solutions to scientific and technical problems and arbitrating between rival candidate solutions. The reaction is often instinctive: “What an elegant theory!” “This technique is too ugly to be a viable approach”. What do such appeals to beauty really mean?"
-Prof. Bertrand Meyer
Meet our speakers
17:00 Welcome speech by Dr Serguei Beloussov, Founder of SIT and The Chairman of the Board
Find out more about the SIT ecosystem, opportunities for graduates, and plans for 2021 from Acronis and SIT Founder Serguei Beloussov
17:20 Graduation ceremony
- Dino Tamagni, Schaffhausen Government Councilor, Director of Economics, and Deputy Director of Education
- Prof. Mark Kamlet, Professor of Economics and Public Policy and Provost Emeritus, CMU
- Prof. Chin Wei Ngan, Vice Dean of School of Computing at NUS
- Stanislav Protassov, COO/President & Co-founder of Acronis
- CMU and NUS students' presentation
17:30 SIT Insights Talk on “The Beauty of Software” by Prof. Bertrand Meyer
Get to know which artifacts from software engineering and computer science Prof. Bertrand Meyer finds strikingly beautiful and why
18:15 Q&A session