THE SCHAFFHAUSEN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT) is a research-led institution located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Founded by world-renowned entrepreneurs, led by leading scientists and researchers, SIT's mission is to train the next generation of global leaders, solve some of the world's biggest problems with science, and transform the future.
SIT provides research, knowledge, and education in three broad areas of advanced technology: Computer Science, Physics, and Technology Transformation and is comprised of several companies (SIT Alemira, SIT Autonomous, SIT Capital, SIT Programming School, SIT StartGarden).
SIT ALEMIRA is a completely digital and software ecosystem for universities, research facilities, boot camps, and corporate education. Our unique Active Learning ecosystem features an AI-powered learning and authoring platform, data-driven, collaborative research and modeling tools, active educational content from world-class scientists, and organizational transformation consulting services.
We are building a multi-tenant, scalable, and hybrid software-as-a-service platform with multiple applications for educators, scientists, students, and faculty. Our state-of-the-art Active Avatar video technology will drastically change the way how future of education will look, reducing 100x time and efforts to build and deliver learning content.
We are currently looking for a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (PYTHON + OPEN EDX), someone versatile and enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push Active Learning forward.
Open edX is an open-source learning platform designed for online education. It is written in Python and uses the popular Django framework.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving Open edX deployments for our customers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in Python, good knowledge of Django.
- Basic knowledge of containers and networking.
- English language knowledge - technical (at least B1-B2 level).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Experience in Open edX customization and delivery.
- Experience in containerization and microservice orchestration, Kubernetes, and clouds.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary.
- The international company, English is the primary communication language.
- Choice of work equipment ( i.e. laptop, monitor, etc).
- Remote work
- Flexible start of the day