Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
SIT is an international research-led institution. Founded by entrepreneurs, led by scientists, advanced by world-class researchers. Focusing on computer science, physics, and technology transformation and entrepreneurship our institute is the new multidisciplinary landmark in science, education, and transformation.
We are currently seeking an experienced Office Manager/ Team Assistant - 100% to join our SIT team. This role is Schaffhausen-based, providing full administrative support to the Schaffhausen office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Office management and administration:
-External communications: answering calls (redirecting), corporate e-mail, etc.
-Organize office operations and procedures; maintaining the office condition; deal with maintenance services
-Material purchase: office materials and stationery supply; additional materials
-Coordinate with IT-department on office equipment and help with organizing the equipment delivery when necessary
- Post (IN-OUT ), DHL/UPS deliveries (parcels - documents), handling contracts, scanning invoices
- Help/assist PR & Marketing teams with events: coordinate with suppliers, invoicing; establish local contacts.
- Assist with planning and coordination for SIT team executive (Providing additional administrative support)
- Assist HR in onboarding new employees:
-Team members relevant matters like birthdays, holidays greetings, etc.
-Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary; Covid regulations coordination; provide information, etc.
- Provide general support to visitors
- Help team members to organize calls, meetings; facilitate communication among the team
Qualifications & experience
- Completed commercial apprenticeship or similar education
- Fluency in English and German is a must
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (including bookkeeping and HR processes)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Proactive and taking initiative in improving administrative workload
- Can-do attitude, flexibility, sense of humour, kindness
SIT is an international research-led institution that addresses global challenges through science, technology, and education. This flagship project relies on an international network of partners. These include the world’s top-ranking universities and leading experts in Computer Science, Physics, and Business.
Our educational and research degree programs are led by world-class scientists and innovators and are open to Swiss and international students, both on-site and online. Cutting across disciplines, SIT creates a unique ecosystem that emphasizes industry-academia collaboration and practical knowledge.
Interested in this position? Please fill out the form, and our HR team will contact you shortly.
Please fill out this form to be contacted by our HR team