The Schaffhausen Institute of Technology (SIT) Germany GmbH is an international institute founded by entrepreneurs, led by scientists and advanced by world-class researchers. SIT’s contemporary design creates a unique ecosystem where the world’s leading experts in Computer Science, Physics, and Business come together to find innovative solutions to global challenges through transformative technological advances. SIT became the main shareholder in Jacobs University Bremen (JUB), Germany. A partnership between SIT and Jacobs University Bremen will drive interdisciplinary science, technology and education in Europe and beyond.
The role of the Manager, Government Relations and Grant Projects is to work with government agencies, tertiary institutions, and industry associations in Germany to position SIT as international institute with leading standing. He / She is expected to communicate with government authorities and agencies, source for and manage grants from various quarters, as well as generate partnership development ideas and programmes with government agencies, universities and industry associations to achieve the growth objectives set forth by the Director, Government Relations and Partnership Development.
- Position: Manager, Government Relations and Grant Projects
- Place: Bremen, Germany
- Work format: remotely/in office
- Employment: full-time
- Salary fork: from 3000-4000 EUR (net)
Role & Major responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to fulfill the following:
- Possess existing deep networks with (a) government agencies; (b) tertiary institutions; as well as (c) industry associations and business chambers in Germany/EU/EEA. He / She should continue to develop such networks, extend and manage the relationships, in order to advance the company’s standing as the leader in the field of innovative IT solutions.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all programmes implemented and managed with all government agencies, tertiary institutions, industry associations and business chambers, as well as with any external partners.
- Source for and manage grants/ funded projects from various quarters including (but not limited to) government agencies, tertiary institutions, industry associations and business chambers.
- Identify and augment SIT’ participation in key IT tradeshows, seminars and events in Germany and the DACH region.
- Support the SIT ' GR Team in (a) developing market strategies to broaden and deeper SIT’ partnership base and outreach; as well as (b) rolling out various tactical programmes to enhance SIT’ strategic positioning.
- Provide sales leads to the Sales Team through the various networks developed.
- Assist SIT’ Marketing and PR Teams in their efforts across various marketing and publicity initiatives.
- BA or MA in Public Administration, Communications or related field
- Relevant professional experience in government relations
- Established connections with government and regulatory officials, media or relevant associations preferred
- Language: German (native), English (fluent)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organizational and IT skills (MS Office)
- Partnership development expertise across varied organizations and industries
The name of the company: SIT
Contact details: Bulat Valeev (firstname.lastname@example.org)