At Alemira we are building a digital ecosystem for Active Learning. Alemira delivers active learning to transform passive information consumption into high-engagement knowledge discovery.
Our offering — a cloud platform that will help universities and enterprises to improve their educational processes. We are a fast-growing edTech startup.
We are currently looking for a Head of Infrastructure, someone who will lead the entire platform operations department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivering a reliable and scalable educational Software-as-a-Service to our customers
- Building and managing a distributed team of operations engineers
- Designing automation, monitoring, deployment, configuration, service discovery tools and services
- Delivering simple yet robust infrastructure solutions by collaborating cross-functionally with internal/external customers
- Building, monitoring and supervising KPIs and budgets to assess technological excellence with performance analysis and cost optimization as a continuous process in the organization
- Making sure the infrastructure is secure and compliant
Qualifications & experience
- Proficient in system engineering and architecture with 7+ years of experience
- Experience as a Head of Infrastructure or similar leadership role
- Experience in building and managing a distributed team of infrastructure engineers
- Extensive experience working with public cloud providers (Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Proficiency in containers and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm), infrastructure orchestration tools (Terraform), continuous integration and delivery tools (GitLab CI)
- Exposure to the administration of application servers, web servers, and databases
- Experienced SRE and DevOps culture enabler in an engineering organization
- Understanding of the SDLC processes and ability to implement them
- A strong data- and metrics-driven approach to team performance management
- Preferably: Awareness of international security and data protection standards (ISO 27001) and regulations (GDPR)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote work, flexible schedule
- International company, English is the primary communication language
- Health insurance including kids under 14
- Subsidy of home office expenses or lunch (once the office work is reinstated)
Alemira is a child EdTech company of Schaffhausen Institute of Technology and part of a big family of high-tech companies such as Acronis, Virtuozzo and others.