SIT is the Switzerland based and internationally scaled private project focused on Education, Research and Commercialization. We believe that our focus on three areas of science (Computer science, Physics and Business Sciences) can truly impact to the global challenges of nowadays and the nearest future and become state-of the art University in 10 years. We also believe that commercial parts of SIT make it truly unique.
SIT is currently entering an exciting phase of growth, which has in turn lead to an investment in opening position of Head of HR. As the Head of HR, we expect the person who will oversee the overall HR strategy and operations of the team as well as execute HR functions.
This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day HR execution and people management, commercial and academic staff recruitment & onboarding and the coordination of the administrative activities and procedures of the Schaffhausen Institute of Technology. Reporting to the Chairman, this person provides support to the University Leadership Team, Chair holders, Program Coordinators and Faculty in building up & growing the SIT University and building its community.
- Structure and Lead HR function including Total Rewards, People Operations, Talent Management, Learning and Development &Talent Acquisition
- Work with SIT Management team to strategically plan HR initiatives that will benefit the team and encourage more efficient and beneficial work from team member
- Foster cross-functional relationships and ensure managers and employees are properly connected
- Lead talent acquisition for international and multicultural team, including:
- Design and discuss job profiles for upcoming vacancies
- Administer job ads, preselect applications and communicate to candidates
- Oversee the application process and give guidance in the interviewing process
- Maintain employee benefits programs (compensation, health insurance, vacation, travel expenses, other personnel packages)
- Develop and continually educate employees on company policies - Monitor employee progress and stay abreast on company climate and culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive
- Craft talent management strategies specific to the needs of SIT
- Implementation & management of core HR management procedure to ensure a smooth & lean day-to-day administration in a raising international & remote working
- Supports all aspects of SIT faculty talent acquisition, including working with the recruiting team to implementing processes and training materials for interviewers and hiring team
- Coordinate people related processes & activities between HR, SIT Administration and manage external partners
- Ensure legal compliance in terms of people management related processes & documents
- Manage contract and onboarding process (documents, IT, etc.), with payroll provider, in terms of personal data
Qualifications & Experience
- Master degree & interdisciplinary academic background preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a senior level HR management position, ideally in higher education or in the IT Industry
- Fluent in English and German, additional language is a plus
- Profound international working background & intercultural living experience
- Related HR experience including knowledge about the labor environment in EU and Switzerland
- Good understanding of Finance & proven track record in budget management
- Ability to coach and lead others
- Mediation skills is a plus
- Hands on experience in HR operations in start-up & fast-growing business environments
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively juggle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Travel requirements: 20%+
Skills & Knowledge Required
A high level of responsibility and initiative, able to work effectively both independently and as a team member; good oral and written presentation skills; strong work ethic & personal integrity, solid interpersonal, customer service, and teamwork/collaboration skills and the ability to work well in a diverse, decentralized & challenging community; excellent computer skills using MSOffice software, HRM and digital collaboration apps; ability to manage conflicting demands and changing priorities.